This latest violence follows attacks in October 2016, when the military attacked dozens of villages, killing an untold number and displacing more than 80,000 people. Now hundreds of thousands more have been displaced. The UN Refugee Agency estimates that since August 25, 2017, about 410,000 Rohingya Muslims have fled violence in their native Myanmar for refugee camps in Bangladesh.
- B.C. state of emergency shows dangers wildland firefighters face
- Let the federal government know we need affordable, universal, and public pharmacare
- Just say No to Doug’s cannabis plan: OPSEU President
- BCGEU public service members ratify collective agreement
- Report reveals distressing levels of harassment in Manitoba government